Saturday, February 21, 2009

Thursday, February 19th

The kids had a field trip out in Redlands today so I decided I just couldn't' t let this opportunity pass me by. I installed the two older ones in abandoned cubicles at J's office and set out (after much delay, looongggg story) for the San Berdo trail. There was a brisk wind blowing against me and more importantly against the giant windsock of a bike trailer I was dragging along. I thought that since the wind was blowing against me on the way down that it would be at my back on the way up. WRONG!!! It was much worse on the way back up!! In all my years of exercise and all the 100's of miles (actually probably thousands at this point) I have never felt that kind of agony. I screamed out at the wind at one point about how much I hated it and wished for rain instead, it responded by blowing all the more aggressively. I tried zipping the rain shield up on the trailer; nope that didn't help at all. Total ride time was 2 hours and 21 minutes of pure torture, but I did it and Logi got a nice long nap!

Totals:
Ride 31.76 miles
Conversation with the wind fruitless
Torture you betcha'
Endurance much built

No comments:

Post a Comment