Friday, February 13, 2009

Thursday, February 12th

Today I went out with renewed resolve and attacked a bunch of hills nearby my house. I only did 20 miles but it took about 2 hours and it was challenging!! Fat girl in my head kept complaining so I had to shoot her; she won't be bothering me anymore. Yeah right!
I have been battling neck pain (at times fairly debilitating) for about a month now and HAVE to get frequent adjustments. I've been working to not put strain on my neck as I ride which is another challenge in itself. Today, my wonderful chiro/brother-in-law said that the subluxation is starting with my traps and then moving into my neck. Added to that is the fact that, genetically, my traps develop very easily. So, I now have the added joy of trying to focus on how I'm using my shoulders and how I'm holding my head while riding-lovely. :)
But, the downhills today renewed my love of cycling! And-on the plus side: My fundraising total is up to $195.00 Thank you everybody for partnering with me!!

Totals:
Ride 20 miles of hills
Develop a pain in the neck

No comments:

Post a Comment