Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday, February 27th

Today I went for a run and then went for an "easy" spin ride on a route, part of which I've never ridden before. I'm going riding with the World Vision team tomorrow and we're planning on 77 miles, so I wanted to take it pretty easy today, plus I've needed to step up the spinning so as to better train my legs to fluidly pedal. I went to Henry's yesterday and bought some electrolyte stuff (I can't drink Gatorade as I'm boycotting Pepsi) and energy bars. The biggest adjustment to longer distance riding has been the need to eat stuff whilst exercising. I never did that before, in fact I'd eat as little as my body would let me get away with before exercise. And, I've never been a fan of sports drinks, but it REALLY makes a difference when you're putting in so much effort! I've been learning and studying about the right carb/protein intake and the frequency with which I need to be consuming them during cycling.
My best breakfast pre-riding is a peanut butter, honey, banana sandwich on whole wheat bread. I would NEVER have eaten that pre-exercise before, but it REALLY works for me.
Ok, enough yammering on. My fundraising has stalled a bit, I think I need to step up my solicitations.

Totals:
Run 3.85 miles
Spin 17 miles
Crunches 100
Yammering lots

No comments:

Post a Comment