Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunday, February 15th

Guess what I got today?!! It was my birthday today and my wonderful husband and boys gave me the Shimano pedals I wanted and gift cards to buy the shoes and then some. We went over to Don's Bike Shop in Rialto where Ben spent several hours with me trying on shoes, and then adjusting and getting the perfect fit on my bike. We've bought our bikes and several other things from them and they are wonderful to work with; the way customer service used to be. Anyway, Ben micro adjusted everything perfectly and my bike is SO much more comfortable!! It's amazing the difference a tiny adjustment makes!!
Because it was my birthday, my folks brought their bikes down and we all set out as a family to ride over to the Cucamonga trail. We did between 16-18 miles (I accidentally reset my bike computer en route) but it was really slow. I did spin for a while as I'm supposed to be incorporating that into my workout and I took off for a while to try out my new pedals, INCREDIBLE!!! Speaking of my new pedals, I'd heard from everyone that you WILL fall when you are first riding clipped into the pedals. So, I wasn't terribly surprised when I went to start out and immediately fell into bushes. My family was worried (and I think highly amused) but if one must fall, falling into bushes is better than most. I learned what not to do, so now I feel that I've gotten my falls out of the way and can fully enjoy my new pedals. I've been told that they will increase my efficiency by 30% and from the initial use, I believe it!
Yay, SO excited, rain go away so that I can really try them out!!

Totals:
Ride 16-18 miles
Fall dramatically
Family time enjoy
Older get

No comments:

Post a Comment