Thursday, February 5, 2009

Saturday, Jan 31st

Today I went and met the World Vision Cycling Team in Irvine. We rode down to the beach and back around 32 miles. It was a very easy ride but it was wonderful being out in God's creation and the weather was fabulous. I had been more than a little nervous to go alone and meet up with this group, but they were a great bunch and welcomed me heartily. It's so cool to be a part of a team and we're all working toward the same goal!!
Well, after the ride I met up with Jamie, the boys, and the Cubscouts for an "easy" 5 mile hike. Well, the first half of the hike was a relentless uphill climb, during the last 3rd of which I carried my wonderfully whiney 2 year old. I just kept telling myself, "This is cross-training" :) Myself told me to listen to the fat girl in my head and go get a Dairy Queen Blizzard when we were done, I hope she enjoyed it.

Today's totals:
Ride 32 miles
Hike 5 miles
Eat One Dairy Queen Blizzard

No comments:

Post a Comment