Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friday, February 20th

I was wiped out from yesterday and wanted today to be a rest day, however: my mom was here and could watch the boys, J is leaving for 4 days on Sat, and the rain is supposed to return this weekend. So, the weather was too perfect to pass up and I had to go. I decided to ride Baseline out for about 25 miles and then return. The ride was actually pretty enjoyable because I was going somewhere I had never been on a bike before and that's always energizing! I rode and rode and rode, somewhere along the way the fat girl passed out and I was left with only the sound of the cars narrowly missing me. Mile after mile ticked by and at last I approached a familiar street, it was the base of a great little trail (that Jamie and I had found a few months back) that winds up to the base of Mt Baldy. So that decided my turn-around point and I headed up the trail and for home. It was a challenging ride but I'm learning to ignore the pain and just push through it and am starting to gain a little bit of hope in my ability (by God's infinite grace!!) to finish the ride before they clear the route! ;)

Totals:
Ride 41.35 miles
Hope a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment