Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday, February 13th

Today I had roughly planned to go on a 50ish mile ride with a friend, however, I didn't get in touch with him in time and it was raining this morning. But, around 11, the rain lifted so I had no excuse not to get out there. I kept telling myself to ride to a certain point or distance and then when I'd get there, I'd talk myself into continuing on. Unfortunately, the rain came back with a vengeance and I was forced to shorten my ride to a little over 20 miles half of which was in pouring rain.
I did discover that my front wheel makes a neat spinning rays thing whilst riding in the rain across new pavement. I also came up with a new invention: sunglasses with automatic wipers. I would pay money for that! I can't think how to make them not look horrifically dorky though!
Oh, GREAT news: fundraising total is up to $245. !! Thanks HV!!

Totals:

Ride 20.82 miles

Rain LOTS

No comments:

Post a Comment