Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday, February 7th

Today I REALLY wanted to just hang out with my family in my nice, warm, cozy house. So, I was mostly relieved when I woke up to rain. Great excuse not to go biking today right?!
Wrong, around 11am the rain let up and I knew I had to take advantage of it; who knows how tomorrow will be and I can't afford that much time off the bike.
So, I bundled up Logan and myself and we were just about to go out when the rain started coming down again. I have to admit that I was a bit excited about that! However, just as I had "resigned" myself to staying home, the clouds opened up, the sun came out, and the rain stopped. No more excuses, get out there!!
So, I pulled my sweet, singing boy up and over to the Cucamonga trail (mostly blessedly free of pedestrians thanks to the rain) and back. On the way back the clouds started rolling back in and the wind really picked up. Wind and the bike trailer do not mix well, it's akin to pulling a humongous kite behind me, or dragging a giant lineman down the road. Today's ride was not an enjoyable one for me but there is satisfaction in forcing myself to do something I really didn't want to do.

Totals:
Bike 20 miles
Realization that God is really working the weather issues out for me. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment