Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday, March 15th

Well-yesterday was THE day and it went much better than I'd anticipated. The course was incredibly, breathtakingly, beautiful, idyllic scenes at every turn. It was "hilly" but then there's the downhill portion. It was a very cold ride most of the time and we had intermittent cloud coverage with a bit of moisture in the early hours. I had built this ride up in my mind to be such a crazy, big challenge that when I reached mile 43 and still felt fresh and great-I was just struck with such awe of God and how He cares and works. Because, yes I put in a ton of work preparing, but I felt His presence in a tangible, amazing way. At various times along the route when things were getting tough, I could feel all the prayers lifting me up with wings as an eagle. I thought about the recipients of the bikes and how it will dramatically impact their lives for the better. I thought about all of you and how you care enough to partner with me in this undertaking. Compound that with the incredible scenery and I was awestruck!
Other than childbirth, this was the most mentally and physically challenging thing I've ever done and I feel SO pleased with the outcome!
Thank you again for caring and your support, I am so appreciative!!!

Totals:
Ride 103.4 miles
Time 6:04:17
Experience amazing and grueling
Gratitude immeasurable

No comments:

Post a Comment