Thursday, March 12, 2009

Saturday, March 8th

Today my friend, Marty, came out and we rode out from my house up through the foothills and back, trying to get in a decent amount of hills. My lungs GREATLY inhibited my ability and I was discouraged that this illness is happening now when I've been planning and training for this ride for so long, and now it's almost here and I'm not at peak performance. We met a fellow cyclist, along our route, who has done Solvang many times and he gave us some good advice and info. Everybody says to go out slowly and take your time, so that when you hit the hills and "the Wall" at the end you'll still have juice. All in all a good ride was enjoyed today, just wish I had an extra lung or two right now.
ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

Totals:
Ride 50 miles
Breathing not great

No comments:

Post a Comment